Organic Lavender Essential Oil (Lavandula Angustifolia)
Botanical Name – Lavandula angustifolia
Aroma – Refreshing and floral
Note classification – Middle
Extraction – Steam distillation
Part of Plant – Flowering tops
Country of Origin – Bulgaria
Ingredients: 100% pure & certified organic lavender essential oil
Sizes available: 10ml, 100ml, 1, 2, 5, 10, 25 litres
History – It was Rene-Maurice Gattefosse who observed the healing effects of lavender oil when he burnt his hand in a laboratory accident, and it is still used today for burns including in hospitals, for its pain relieving, antiseptic & skin healing properties.
Attributes – Lavender oil is a very popular oil known for its relaxing and soothing effect on the nerves, calming depression, hysteria, relieving tension, panic and nervous exhaustion. It combats headaches, migraines and insomnia. It is helpful for asthma, laryngitis, bronchitis, colds, whooping cough, throat infections and helps the digestive system deal with flatulence, vomiting, colic and nausea. It also relieves pain when used for arthritis, rheumatism, lumbago and muscular aches and pains. Lavender oil can also be used as an insect repellent.
Therapeutic properties – Lavandula comes from the Latin word lavare, meaning, “to wash”, which is particularly appropriate because Lavender is so deeply cleansing in so many ways. It is antiseptic, analgesic, anti-convulsant, anti-depressant, anti-rheumatic, anti-spasmodic, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, bactericide, carminative, cholagogue, cicatrisant, cordial, cytophylactic, decongestant, deodorant, diuretic, emmenagogue, hypotensive, nervine, rubefacient, sedative, sudorific and vulnerary.
Suggested Aromatherapy Usages:
- For car scenter/ diffuser use, drip oil onto the oil pad.
- For use on pillow, add a few drops of essential oils onto a couple of cotton balls and tuck them in both sides of your pillow just underneath the pillow
- For use in candle burner/ electric vapourizer/ aromatic lamp diffuser, add 6 -10 drops or more if desired into the recessed bowl of containing warm water.
- For bath or foot bath, add a few drops of essential oils into bathtub or bucket containing warm water.
- For inhalation, add a few drops to a cotton ball, soft tissue, diffuser or small pot of hot water. Cover your head with a large towel, close your eyes, put your face above the water and inhale deeply. Repeat as required.
- For all other uses, carefully dilute with a carrier oil such as jojoba, almond or coconut oil prior to use. Please consult an essential oil book or other professional reference source for suggested dilution ratios.
- For external use only.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Keep away from flame. Store in a cool, dry place.
- Avoid direct contact with eyes and all sensitive areas.
- If pregnant or lactating, consult your healthcare practitioner before using.
- Natural essential oils are highly concentrated and should be used with care.
- As with all essential oils, never use them undiluted, in eyes or mucous membranes. Do not take internally unless working with a qualified and expert practitioner. If applying an essential oil to your skin, always perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body (after you have properly diluted the oil in an appropriate carrier.
- Please keep in mind that all content is provided for informational purposes & is not implied or intended to constitute professional medical advice or treatment.The above information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Singapore Quality Brands Award